Extinguish fires when needed
Use fire where allowable
Utilize prescribed fire and managed wildfire for landscape and ecosystem benefit in the right place, at the right time, under the right conditions.
Manage our natural resources
Use and expand non-fire, cross boundary fuels treatments to increase landscape and community resiliency.
Learn to live with wildland fire
We all have a role in our wildland fire system. We must redeem our individual, community and organizational responsibilities as part of this integrated system.
- Define and understand risk
- Collaboratively set landscape level and community-wide priorities
- Share and co-manage risk across boundaries and jurisdictions
- Accept some short-term risk for long-term benefit
- Collectively invest in outcome-based approaches and activities, rather than outputs
As we stand on the precipice of a new wildland fire paradigm, we have the opportunity to define it,
not be defined by it.
The Western Region
Connect with us. Be social. Share your thoughts.
Thoughts, articles and demonstrations of Cohesive Strategy implementation in the West